Ok, so it’s my thing, but I do love the process of taking lots of parts which don’t necessarily mean much on their own yet, when combined with others, become something truly wonderful!
After a bit of a ‘one of those days’ day recently, I decided a therapy session was needed and so, I broke open the baking cupboard, delved into a recipe book and pulled out a bit of a favourite around here.
Well, I say baking. In actual fact, no actual baking was done but, you get what I mean. Not only is the process enjoyable (though, FYI 2 year olds are the ultimate in stealth when marshmallows are in sight – you have been warned!), but you have a delicious treat at the end of it all and it sure cheered up a lunch box or two in our house this week!
So, without further ado, here’s our recipe for Rocky Roads…. Enjoy!
– 1 large packet digestive biscuits
– 4oz unsalted butter
– 6oz chocolate
– 1 large tin condensed milk
– 1 packet marshmallows – chopped
– 1 large packet Malteasers
– 1 tube Smarties
– Chocolate to decorate (2 bars suggested)
(Please note – these ingredients can be adpated to suit your taste! We’ve tried Crunchie and even Mini Eggs – whatever you fancy! We have a marshmallow hater in our house, so I always add them in after the mixture is in the tray so that I can have be sure I’ll have some without any!)
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over boiling water
- Add condesned milk
- Crush biscuits and add to melted mixture
- Add marshmallows, Malteasers, Smarties and whatever else you fancy!
- Press into a greased tin
- Melt chocolate and pour over the tray bakes
- Allow to set and cut